Wednesday 3 June 2009

Simon Says Lets Craft With Tim :-)

We have had a wonderful time seeing all your entries for the 'Animal' Challenge and thank you to all for joining us :-) We will be drawing a winner later today with Random.Org so good luck to all the entrants :-) We would also like to thank everyone for responding to our appeal, we had over our 100 entrants so thank you very much everyone :-)


WE LOVE TIM HOLTZ :-)

We have an absolutely fabulous challenge for you this week !! We are going to get creative with Tim Holtz gorgeous products :-) If you don't have any you can still join in, just make something 'Inspired by Tim' He has made some awesome video's for you to see and you can see them here

We know that for some of you you may feel that this is a BIG challenge and difficult. But it isn't ! You can do cute cards not necessarily 'grunge' Just add a torn edge with some ink dabbed on and you can enter !! Or just add some glitter glue like stickles !! Probably every card anyone makes can be entered for this challenge ! AND YOU CAN COMBINE WITH AS MANY CHALLENGES AS YOU LIKE :-) So you have NO EXCUSE :-) Here is a slideshow of other creations by the DT for your inspiration for this challenge using different techniques and styles !



Heidi is once again offering a very generous prize of a $25 Shopping spree to the Simon Says Stamp Store but this week it is with a twist :-) You are to choose Tim Holtz goodies :-)

Also this week we have FINNABAIR In our Designer Spotlight :-) Finnabair is a designer on the Simon Says Stamp Brand DT, she has the most amazing blog filled with fantastic creations so if you haven't visited her yet you really should go, you shouldn't miss it !!
For our challenge this week she has made these 2 fantastic notebooks using Tim Holtz products, aren't they gorgeous !! Please don't forget to leave her a comment :-)


Hallo, heute haben wir wieder eine neue Challenge für Euch: TIM HOLTZ Also, werdet kreativ mit den tollen Sachen von Tim. Solltet ihr keine Tim Holtz Sachen haben, könnt ihr auch gern mit einer Karte: Inspiert bei Tim hier teilnehmen. Diese Woche haben wir wieder eine Gastdesignerin bei uns und zwar FINNABAIR Sie ist auch im brandneuen SIMON SAYS STAMP DT. Schaut doch mal auf ihrem Blog vorbei. Für unsere heutige Challenge hat sie diese 2 fantastischen Bücher gemacht:

Ezen a héten ismét egy fantasztikus kihívással várunk benneteket: TIM HOLTZ termékeket (is) használva szeretnénk ha készítenétek alkotásokat! Inspirációért nézd meg ezeket a videókat! "Különleges" vendégünk a héten Finnabair. Ő szintén tagja a Simon Says Stamp Brand DT-nek. Látogass el blogjára, ahol szebbnél-szebb alkotásokban gyönyörködhetsz! Kihívásunkra két jegyzetfüzetet készített, Tim Holtz termékeit is használva:

W tym tygodniu mamy dla Was naprawdę fantastyczne wyzwanie: twórz z TIM'em HOLTZ'em! Wystarczy wykonać coś używając jego genialnych produktów lub zainspirowanego jego twórczością. Nagrodą jest 25$ na zakupy w sklepie SimonSaysStamp!!!
Gościnnie w tym wyzwaniu wystąpiła znana ze swojej miłości do timoholtzowych produktów FINNABAIR, która przygotowała dwa notesy.





The Design Team have also made some stunning creations to inspire you :-) Please don't forget to pop by and leave them a comment on their blogs, they have all worked so hard to make these creations !! :-)

DEBBY



DOMI



CHRIS



Chris used grungeboard,distress inks, alcohol inks, distress stickles and a philosophy tag :-)

IRIS



Iris used Cosmo 17 Blackbird Tim Holtz stamp and Distress inks in various colours :-)

LORRAINE





Lorraine used grungeboard, components stamp, alcohol inks, distress inks,crackle paint, muse token and mini paper clips :-)



TIMEA




Timea used Tim Holtz fragments, distress ink, alcohol ink, grungeboard, journaling tickets and a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp :-)

JO



Jo used a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp, crackle accents and distress inks


ANNA



Anna used a distress tool, various distress inks, crackle paint, crackle accents, grungeboard, corners,sprocked gears and a natures discovery stamp :-)



We have all had such alot of fun with this challenge and hope you enjoy it as much as we have :-) If you've never done anything like this before , be brave it is worth the effort :-)
Hope Tim sees these and all your entries too !! :-)
Happy Crafting to all and we all look forward to seing your entries :-)
Lorraine and the DT :-)



41 comments:

Nunt said...

Oh my, these are absolutely stunning! Great job team!

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

Great idea! It gave me a chance to use the distress embossing powder, which I'd never used. Very cool stuff! Thanks, and I'm looking foward to next week! I'll put a link here, too, just in case Mr. Linky acts up! Lisa :-)

Here is my entry.

Gosia said...

Great cards!I try to use TH butterfly
stamp

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

Lisa here again, posting DD Greta's cute card! Thought I'd put it here too, just in case Mr. Linky acts up again.

Here is her entry.

finnabair said...

my entry again:)

http://tworzysko.blogspot.com/2009/06/ja-w-lesie.html

Simonne said...

I have so much fun using Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Thanks for the Challenge.

Sue said...

Wow what a fab challenge, beautiful and inspiring creations from all the DT, thanks for the challenge, Sue xx

Merika said...

My card
http://merika51.blogspot.com/2009/06/simon-kihivas_06.html

cheryl said...

great cards by the Team the first entry of mine did not work so please ignore the first one sorry but am new to this second one has worked though lots love cheryl xxxxxxx

Beverly G said...

It's exciting to be in a challenge with so many talented people. Tim has lots of admiring fans. I don't know if I did Mr. Linky correctly, so:
Here's my entry
Thanks,
Beverly Gotthardt

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

I am so impressed with the work that is entered on this site. So inspiring.

Sandie said...

LOVED this challenge!! I am a big fan of TH products :)

Finja said...

a great idea... working like Tim...
Vielen Dank für die tolle Idee...

Ellen said...

thanks Jo for pointing me in this direction, I didn't know this site existed. will have a good nosey round now.

my entree can be seen here

Penni said...

Great Challenge - Hope you like my card, I entered it using Mr Linky.

Hugs
Penni
X

Dianne said...

What a wonderful challenge. I have been wanting to try coloring with Tim Holtz distress inks. Great product and loved using them.

You may see my card here.

Lily-Magic Fairy

ribenaruby said...

What a fab idea! DT have outdone themselves again, My effort is here Thank you for looking.

Julia said...

Thanks to Jo's comment on my blog I found this great site ! Thanks Jo !

My entry you can find in MR linky. no66!
Have a great day !

Mona said...

I thought that this card fit to this challenge.
Hugs Mona

Cass said...

Fabulous challenge and fitted in perfectly with the card I made for my mum's birthday.
Gorgeous cards from the DT.
Cass xxx

bockel24 said...

Thanks for the link to this challenge blog, Jo - I´ll come back!

bernie said...

Thanks Jo for your invitation !
I'm a new French challenger and I like that !

Moni said...

waw so fab creations you have made, I entered with mine! hugs, moni

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up on the fun!
I'm using a large tag I recently made for my entry and here's the link because I don't think I did it right with Mr. Linky!
http://thequeenofcupsrunnethover.blogspot.com/2009/06/saturday-surprise-adventure.html

{Hana} said...

Great works!! Congratulation to everyone!!
I also posted my card :D
Hugs!!

lalalla said...

When I think aobut Tim in my mind I have multicolored backgrounds and lovely stamps, I don't have alcohol inks and so, but tried to make colorful bacground with chalks
here are results:

first is my pencil-holder
http://kreatywneinspiracje.blogspot.com/2009/06/kolorowe-kredki-z-pojemniczku-nosze.html

and few cards:)

http://kreatywneinspiracje.blogspot.com/2009/06/zabawa-z-kreda.html

Mina said...

I loved doing this challenge...wonderful DT work
I dont see a Mr linky so
Here's my card

finnabair said...

hi there - it's me again :)
http://tworzysko.blogspot.com/2009/06/zlotowo.html

Joey said...

Hiya everyone, sorry I am late again! gorgeous and very inspiring dt creations thanks for this weeks challenge. Joey.x

Unknown said...

Hi, all! I added my card, too. Such an easy challenge - lol. I have all of his products, I think. Thanks so much!

~phinny

Chris said...

Wow Awesome challenge and fab prizes... I couldn't resist so I made some jewellery.
The design team creations are all Amazing!!
Hugs
Chris xx

Kati said...

Hi - this is my entry.

hugs
mamapia

Dawn said...

Just squeezed in!!

Great challenge really enjoyed making my tag but I love tags anyway!!

Thanks Jo!!!

Hugs
Dawn

lisa said...

Phew managed to join in just in time. Great challenge. Thoroughly enjoyed playing. I love Tim to bits, what inspiration.

Lisax

CarlaKH said...

gorgeous creations.. I added mine. In case the linky isnt working its here:

http://scrappypug.blogspot.com/2009/06/little-birdie-once-told-me.html

Hanna said...

Here is my LO:)

http://hannapannasscrappeblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/tur-retur-skissedilla-11.html#comments

Nicole Drewniak said...

My layout is up:
http://33musingsandthensome.blogspot.com/

Janiel/ janny said...

Wonderful Challenge!! Absolutely beautiful works of art..

I am almost late getting in my entry I think... But I made it by the a little bit.. have a great day.. janny

Jester said...

Wouldn't have dreamt of entering this, but was encouraged by Jo (Boots the Monkey)so here it is - see my 'Art Creations Friday - challenge 29' posted 5th June.
Love Tim Holtz & would never have thought of distressing paper edges without him!!
No. 117 Mr Linky

Unknown said...

Does anyone know the deadline?

Thanks!

*denise* said...

great challange *denise*